Sunday, August 22, 2010

What's Cookin - Lemon Basil Chicken


So I went to the farmer's market on Friday and picked up some green beans, broccoli, lettuce... the necessities. I begrudgingly passed by the strawberries, bread and flower vendors. Maybe next time...

But, on my out of the market I passed by the most amazing smell and so I had to stop to find out what it was. It turned out to be lemon basil. I quickly bought a bunch (well, Christy bought a bunch and we split it) and I couldn't stop smelling it for the rest of the day.

I didn't have any fish at home so I took out some chicken breast chopped up my new favorite smelling plant and threw it in a bowl with some butter and a pinch of salt and pepper (and when I say pinch, I mean 4 finger pinch), basted the breasts and stuck them in the oven with my favorite homemade Cheddar Bay biscuits. Then I threw the green beans in a pan with some garlic olive oil and, of course, some salt and then sat down with my boys to an unbelievably tasty meal.

What's cooking in your kitchen?


Kelly

No comments: