Saturday, November 13, 2010

What's Baking at the Westover's

So I was in a sugary, baking mood the other day while at the book store and I picked up a book called I <3 Sugar, yes, I heart sugar. I loved the name so much, I bought it. And about a week later I was in a sugary baking mood again so I finally broke out the book and searched it's contents for the perfect recipe that I could make with what I had in the cupboard. And thus, the Cranberry & Coconut cookies were born. And they were delicious!


 Cranberry & Coconut Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
pinch of salt
1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut
1/2 cup dried cranberries


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with your Silpat (or parchment paper).

Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and mix well, then beat in the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Sift the flour and salt into the mixture, add the coconut and cranberries and stir until thoroughly combined. 

Scoop up tablespoons of the dough and place in mounds on the prepared cookie sheets, spaced well apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool on cookie sheets for 5-10 minutes then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
 

Enjoy!

Kelly

No comments: