Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Year of Disney Part 1

DSC07745_alt

Note: I have a good bit to say and a great deal of photos to share about the weekend so I’m breaking this into two parts.

disney_sidebyside2


So a few weeks ago I was sitting at work thinking about what I wanted to do for family vacations this year. It was proving pretty difficult to come up with things that both Eric and I would truly enjoy doing. So my mischievous mind kicked into high gear and threw out the thought ‘Why not make this The Year of Disney’ with the stipulation that I get plan all vacation spots next year’? *note - this only worked, because Eric LOVES disneyland!* Sounded pretty sweet to me, so I posed the question to Eric who immediately said yes, and so we became Disneyland season pass holders.

disney_topandbottome


We made our first of many trips down to Disneyland this weekend which turned out to be a little more than we bargained for. The drive down went well, except that Quinn went down for the night at 7pm and I started to get a tummy ache shortly after. When we got to the hotel Quinn woke up and thought he was up for the day, which meant he wouldn’t go back to bed until shortly after midnight. Naturally, when he did get up for good it was at his usual wake up time, around 5:30am.


Just to keep a tally; this puts us all at 5 hours of sleep, and Kelly with an upset tummy.

disney_sidebyside

So we’re up at 5:30, dressed by 6:30, fed by 7:30 and at the park at opening time, 9am. Where Eric enjoyed a lonely ride of Indian Jones, we did a family ride of Pirates of the Caribbean, the Safari cruse and attempted to find a hat for Quinn.

pirates

Much to our displeasure there were absolutely no hats that fit Quinn in either Frontier Land or Adventure Land. I tried looking in all the shops in the bayou while Eric was riding Indian Jones and still came up short. But I did get these great shots of Quinn trying to take the hat off.

Quinn_piratehat

Shortly after all this excitement it was clearly Quinn’s nap time, which couldn’t have come sooner, since my tummy was not happy.

quinn_sleeping

Quinn fell asleep on the way to the car but when we got the hotel he and I took a 2 hour nap, then when the Q dude woke up Eric took him to get some food while I nabbed another much needed hour.

jungle_safari

Well rested, well fed and much happier we headed back to the park and made it to the Peter Pan ride just before I lost it completely. On the way to the Haunted Mansion I had to stop at least 3 times to sit down and finally had to call it quits. Quinn and I headed off to the Mother’s room while Eric hopped in line for the Haunted mansion. I think he made it about halfway through the line before I called him and told him to meet me at the first aid stand. I’d started feeling flu like symptoms; nausea, cold and hot sweats and severe fatigue. After being horizontal for a few minutes on the cot I felt a million times better, but we called it quits for good and headed home for the night.

quinn_parents

The daily tally; Very little sleep, Kelly upset tummy, a total of three rides (four for Eric), 5 hours at the park, and still no hat for Quinn. See. It was MUCH more than we bargained for!

Quinn_wowface

But we did get to see the best 'Wow' faces on the cutest kid, which is pretty much all you can ask for.

quinn_zoolander

What was your first trip to Disneyland like?

Kelly